You want to know what happened to me the past couple of years?
Answer: Home Renovation Expert
Over the past two years, I have been involved in an on going home renovation project. I found a new skill (skills) in this amazing line of work. No computer screens, no mice, no keyboards, no sitting!
For this, you need to be highly motivated (after a day at work).
The biggest advantages:
1. Appreciate your house value.
3. Learn new skills.
Over the past two years..I have stripped wallpaper, repaired and painted walls, cement ‘bagged’ the exterior, cut down trees, put up a bamboo fence in the backyard, established a new lawn from seed, made storage cupboards, put in a flooring for three rooms…
I have only engaged professionals for tasks that I cant do myself; to install about 22 down lights (beautiful!), put in a new kitchen and new bathroom.
A few more tasks are pending which I will do myself:
1. External house painting on my cement textured render
2. a full backyard clean up (getting rid of the recently chopped tree) (completed)
3. Repair the second bathroom
4. Build one wardrobe (from scratch)
5. Mount a new wall clothes line (completed)
6. Establish a new lawn on the roadside footpath
7. Repair the existing lawn (due to my neglect!)
8. A few bits and pieces..
I need to call in two more trades professionals for
1. Roof tile painting
2. Exterior halogen wall mount lights for decoration!
If I had more time, I would.. sand the whole floor (wooden floor boards) and polish, make a new wardrobe for the 3rd bedroom…
I wish I had opportunities to mount gyprock (drywall), Tile laying and brick laying.
If you are interested in pics, please let me know. I have taken pics of everything!