This is a GREAT document if you want to look at capacity planning for FAST Search Server 2010.
If you have a multi-server SharePoint 2010 farm running on the Enterprise license with a dedicated Search Server, then your FAST Search Server 2010 would be of no extra licensing cost to you.
(Enterprise license is per server. Each FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint 2010 consumes one enterprise server license. Disclaimer: please consult a Microsoft licensing specialist ).
When you read this document, you will understand how to:
- Define performance and capacity targets for your environment
- Plan the hardware required to support the number and type of users, and the features you intend to deploy
- Design your physical and logical topology for optimum reliability and efficiency
- Test, validate and scale your environment to achieve performance and capacity targets
- Monitor your environment for key indicators
I enjoyed this and I thought I would share this with you..